Whether you are already running your business or just venturing into the field, an introduction letter to your customers is highly essential. Here is an introduction letter template and sample to help you make the right impact on your clients.
Do not forget to include the subject line, that clearly highlights the product’s name. This is the first step to acquaint the customer with your product.
It is said that, first impression is a lasting impression. A business can grow and flourish provided you make the right impact on the customers’ minds. Introduction letters about products/services are popularly used for this purpose. The level of impression a letter makes on its reader, depends largely on the quality of language used for drafting it. Therefore, it is essential that the letter of introduction be up to the mark and impeccable. Here is an introduction letter template and sample to help you get started.
|Name of the Store/Company letterhead
Introducing ______ (name of the product)
Dear Mr./Ms./Dr. (last name),
We have known ______ (name of manufacturer) from XYZ Company for a considerable period and we can assure you about finest quality and craftsmanship of his products. XYZ Company’s products add value to our own range of products and business goodwill. And they will prove to be useful for customers like you as well. Find attached herewith, a brochure with more information on XYZ Company and their line of products.
For additional information, please feel free to send us an email and our customer service executive will get back to you. For placing orders, kindly visit our website email@example.com or call us on our toll-free number mentioned above.
We value your business and look forward to continue our services to you in the future. We look forward to hearing from you.
|Citrus Pharmaceutical Co.
21, Sandhurst Plaza, Los Angeles, CA
Contact no: 0011-4536-7819
November 15, 2011
Introducing Herbal-Meds brand
Dear Dr. Harper,
We are attaching herewith, a brochure and samples of our range of products covered under Herbal-Meds line. This brochure also highlights the recommended daily dosage of each product for adults as well as children.
Please feel free to get in touch with us for any clarifications required. Our medical representatives would be happy to clear your doubts.
Points to Remember
- It is important to mention the name of the firm or the organization at the top of the letter, preferably in the letterhead format. This should also include the firm’s address and contact details.
- It is crucial to mention the date, and the addressee’s name and address at the beginning of the letter.
- The salutations of the letter are written as ‘Dear Customer’ when the addressee’s name is not known to the writer. If the letter is supposed to be a little personalized, then it is essential to write the salutations with the last name only. e.g. Dear Ms. Knight, Dear Dr. Blythe, etc.
- The first paragraph of the letter is supposed to summarize the highlights of your product/service. Do not make this paragraph lengthy. Mention all the factors that make your product/service special. Keep the language as simple as possible.
- An introduction letter acts as a covering letter. It is used as an accompaniment for a product sample, catalog or brochure. Therefore, the second paragraph should list out the names of all such documents that are included along with the letter.
- The letter should end with a line that welcomes product inquiries and orders. Mention the name of person who will be the first point of contact for the customers, along with his email id or contact number.
- Sign off the letter with ‘Sincerely’, followed by the signature, name, and position of the writer or the authorized person from the company.
Remember, you can form positive associations and create customer loyalty through smartly drafted introduction letters. So, these letters should always be error-free, to the point, and written with a positive bent of mind.