When you are providing consulting and advisory services, you are bound to use a consulting invoice. An invoice is a document that mentions the price or charge of the services provided. Here a template of such an invoice has been given that will help you draft one for yourself.
Making authorized statements and documents regarding transactions that take place is a common and legally propagated convention. An invoice is basically a receipt or a bill, or simply a statement that indicates that your customer or client owes you money for services that you have rendered. A significant aspect of the template is that it tends to depict all the things that are existent in the services that you provided to the client, plus all the dollar figures or the actual amounts that have been charged. Thus, it is quite a comprehensive document that denotes the entire transaction.
A consulting invoice or a service invoice are a bit different from the ones used for sale of goods transactions. It basically means that the blank invoice template would look the same, however, when you make an invoice, the particulars would be in accordance with the number of hours for which you worked, or the volume of services or advice that was provided. In several cases, commission on sales for the next few months, or some allowances are also mentioned.
Elements of a Consulting Invoice
A consulting invoice varies as per the services that have been rendered to the client company. The following are some of the important elements or contents of a consulting invoice:
- Addresses: The first element of a consulting invoice is your address, as well as the address of your client. The addresses and names are often accompanied by specific departments or specified designations. This is usually applicable in cases where consulting services are rendered to one specified person or one department.
- Disclosure: The second important aspect is the disclosure, that is, rates and fees that had been decided before the commencement of the services.
- Particulars of the Transaction: The third aspect is, of course, particulars of the transaction, that are quoted in one separate table.
- Main Table: A main table includes the different amounts and base rate at which they are charged.
- Signatures: The last option is the acknowledging stamp and signature of both parties.
- Recommendation Sheet: Several consultants provide a recommendation sheet to the people. These sheets act as the conclusion and summation of the consultancy services granted.
Consulting Invoice Template
Here’s a template that will help illustrate the point better.
Address of Client:
Address of Consultant:
Date of Commencement:
Date of Conclusion:
Date of Billing:
When you write an invoice for consultancy services, make sure that it is in accordance with the contract that was initially signed. You can directly use this invoice template, or you can modify or print the same as per requirement.