Do you want to know how to make a blank invoice and store it for future use? This article provides you some tips and benefits, and also a template format.
You would be wasting a lot of your time if you draw up a custom invoice for each and every sale or transaction. Instead, what you can do is to keep a blank template, and whenever you need to issue one, you can just fill in the necessary information in the given spaces, and then take out a print of it. This will make your work much easier. It’s important that you have an invoice while running any kind of a business, as it helps to calculate the revenue generated and is also required by the laws. Here are some pointers which you can keep in mind.
There are various advantages of having your own template.
- Foremost, it saves time and energy. Instead of typing out a new bill for every sale, you can easily fill in only the required information. Certain standard details will not need to be filled in every time.
- It also provides you a chance to impress your customers. They would appreciate receiving a neat and organized document, instead of something written in a haphazard manner using free text. It provides a more professional look to your business.
- It can be changed anytime to suit the needs of the business or a particular customer.
How to Make One
There are various ways in which you can create a blank template. One such method is with the help of a Microsoft Excel sheet. This tool comes in very handy and makes our task much easier. Just enter whatever data you would like to enter in the sheet, making sure that the font can be easily read, and then program the cells to carry out some simple calculations. There are also certain software available which will help you to make an invoice with some advanced features.
Keep in mind the various items that need to be included such as:
- Name and address of your company
- Contact details of the company such as phone number, email address, etc.
- Invoice number and date
- Name of the customer with billing address (Bill to)
- Address where the customer wants the goods to be shipped
- A brief description of the goods
- Price of each item
- Total cost of the items
- Total due amount
- Tax amount charged
Name: (Name of your company)
Information of the Customer:
With this template, you can easily make an invoice of your own without wasting much time. All you need to do is to follow the above steps. If you need to, you can also add some more details to this format, and I’m sure that by following these steps you will be able to impress your clients.